Show & Tell
What to Wear – The Do’s
- Wear simple, solid colored outfits … choose traditional styles rather than trendy.
- Wear shoes that compliment your clothing.
- Makeup should be applied as normal, with extra emphasis on eyes and lips.
- Jewelry should be worn, i.e. diamond earrings, pearls, etc. Be sure to wear your Senior Ring.
- Bring a brush, comb and powder for shine (it gets very warm when walking around the park)
- Bring accent pieces for your clothing i.e. belts, scarves, hats
- Guys – please shave just prior to your photo shoot to avoid a “5 o’clock shadow”
- Always check with your yearbook advisor for specific dress code requirements.
What to Wear – The Don’ts
- Avoid body glitter
- Avoid clothing that is revealing (low cut, too short)
- Avoid bold patterns in clothing, i.e. stripes, large flowers – these draw attention away from your face
- Avoid bare shoulders and arms … this tends to make some people look heavier
- Avoid too much white, as it can wash out your facial color. Guys should avoid solid white shirts
- Avoid drastic hairstyle changes prior to session
- Beware of spray tans … too often this tanning method will appear orange in your portraits
- Are you too sunburned or have excessive peeling? You may want to reschedule your portrait session
- Avoid large, shiny jewelry and large pendants
- Make sure your clothing fits well … not too tight or too big.
- Avoid eyeglass glare by borrowing an “empty” pair of frames from your optometrist
Sign up for our Newsletter